tech / politics
- Trump needs tech to achieve his vision. But Silicon Valley isn't having it, The Guardian, January 24, 2016.
- The Attention Merchants review – how the web is being debased for profit, The Guardian, December 26, 2016.
- Neoliberalism turned our world into a business. And there are two big winners, The Guardian, December 13, 2016.
- Four Futures: Life After Capitalism review – will robots bring utopia or terror?, The Guardian, November 24, 2016.
- The triumph of Trumpism: the new politics that is here to stay, The Guardian, November 9, 2016.
- The future: where borrowing is the norm and ownership is luxury, The Guardian, October 17, 2016.
- Gaffes, ignorance and PR nightmares: why it's so easy to hate the tech industry, The Guardian, September 15, 2016.
- The Internet Should Be a Public Good, Jacobin, August 31, 2016.
- Donald Trump, Peter Thiel and the death of democracy, The Guardian, July 21, 2016.
- How the Internet was invented, The Guardian, July 15, 2016.
- Tech billionaires got rich off us. Now they want to feed us the crumbs, The Guardian, May 16, 2016.
- Techies for Bernie: why some best-paid workers are supporting a socialist, The Guardian, April 18, 2016.
- Mark Twain, Writing Coach and Role Model, The Daily Beast, April 19, 2014.
- #CancelColbert, Meet "The Heathen Chinee", Politico, April 8, 2014.
- How Mark Twain Became Mark Twain, Salon, March 22, 2014.
- "As for Me, I Sell Abuse", Lapham's Quarterly, Feb. 15, 2014.
- Once Upon a Time in the West, Lapham's Quarterly, Jan. 1, 2014.
- Mark Twain's Eternal Chatter, The New Yorker, Nov. 13, 2013.
- A Counterfeiting Conspiracy?, The New York Times, March 27, 2012.
- The Worst Business in the World, Lapham's Quarterly, Oct. 20, 2011.
- Magical Thinking, Lapham's Quarterly, Oct. 1, 2011.
- The Man Who Financed the Civil War, The New York Times, July 16, 2011.
- Money for Nothing, The New York Times, March 14, 2011.